Children’s Interactive Ballet Classes
The School of Classical Russian Ballet is delighted to offer Live Stream Interactive Classes which will begin from 6th April 2020. We hope that these classes will provide an opportunity for young children to be active and occupied during a part of the day when parents may be busy. We also want to keep children fit and healthy and connected to their love of ballet and music. Classes will be taken by Sophie Richardson and will be limited in number to 8 children to ensure that Sophie is able to correct and comment during the class.
We have created a timetable which we hope is flexible and useful for parents who are working at home. It is possible to book as often as you wish in the appropriate age group class. Classes last 45 minutes and the fee is £3.50 per class. All revenue will be used for our staff and the academic education of the full time students of the school.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us. Private lessons with Sophie may be arranged, please contact the school if you are interested on email@example.com
What are interactive live classes?
Our new CHILDREN’S INTERACTIVE LIVE CLASSES are specifically designed to bring your child their favourite ballet classes from the comfort of your own home. Classes are limited to 10 students per class to ensure classes remain interactive and the teacher is able to guide every student.
When do I get my link?
Approximately 10 to 15 minutes before your class you will receive an email with a unique link to access this live-streamed class. Please note that you will receive a new unique link for every class.
What’s the cut-off for booking?
Classes won’t be accessible to book less than 30 minutes before class starts, to give us time to email out the unique access link to join the class.
What if I need to cancel?
You must cancel at least 30 minutes before the class to not lose your Children’s interactive live class credit. You can cancel your class through your account with us or the Mindbody app as you would with our normal in-studio classes. Email us and we can hep you!
Can I use any device?
Yes! You can do our live classes on your TV (casting from mobile device or laptop), computer, tablet or phone! The larger the screen, the better you will see our teacher’s instructions. We will provide you with a link via email approximately 10 to 15 minutes before class – simply click it and view the class in your browser or zoom app on any of these devices.
Make sure to place yourself and the screen in a way that you can see the screen when you’re both standing up and laying down.
How do I book and pay for my interactive Class?
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
- Go to www.classicalballet.org/childrens-ballet/childrens-interactive-live-stream-classes
- Create an account
- Select the Interactive Class you want your child to attend from the schedule at the bottom of the page and click “Book”
- Choose your pricing option and confirm. You’re booked in!
ON YOUR PHONE:
- Download the free Mindbody app from the AppStore or Google Play
- Sign up using the same email address we hold on file if you are already a member with us. If not you can use any email address to sign up (skip this step if you already have a minbody app account)
- Search for “The School of Classical Russian Ballet”
- View our schedule and select the Live Class you want to attend
- Choose your pricing option and confirm.
- Now you’re booked in and will receive a booking confirmation email with further instructions and information how to access your Live Class
How do I access my interactive Class?
Approximately 10 to 15 minutes before your class you will receive an email with your unique link to access the class. Please note that you will receive a new unique link for every class.
- Open the link in this email
- The link will take you to your browser and open up the live stream. If you are using a phone or tablet device follow the prompt and download the Zoom app to join, otherwise just view it in your browser.
Once you’re in the class, your microphone will automatically be muted and your camera should be off so that only the class teacher is visible once they join and begin the class. Once the teacher has joined the class please unmute your microphone and switch on the camera to interact with the teacher.